Monday, March 10, 2008

7 things about me!

1. I was obsessed with Cabbage Patch Kids as a child. One time I brought about 15 of them to school on one day. That was the day my teacher passed the "only one CPK" per day rule. One summer we had a carnival in our yard, and I used all the money I made to buy one of the cloth "original" kids on display at JC Penneys. I was the only one in my neighborhood who had one which lead to much hatred by others. I still have many of my "kids" although they are stored away in "rubbermaid heaven".
2. I love reading. In the summer I typically read 40+ books. I can finish a book in a day. It helps that I am a teacher and have the summer off.
3. I am very particular about my Sunday paper. Recently our delivery was interrupted because of a lost bill, and it has not been waiting for me on the front step when I wake up on Sundays. Very annoying. I have a particular order I must read it in, and I sort it all before I read it.
4. DO NOT interrupt me when I am watching LOST. This is my favorite show, and I have been waiting for a long time for this season. It is the one show I do not like to miss a minute of.
5. I recently started working out again. Got on a treadmill for the first time in my life, and realized it is not so bad. Kind of fun actually. I think it helps that I now have an ipod to distract me.
6. I am addicted to chocolate. If I dont have any I am fine without it, but if I have one piece I seriously crave more. I guess there are worse things I could be addicted to!
7. One of my favorite books is The Little Prince. I was introduced to this book through my many French classes in high school and college, and it has remained a favorite ever since. My other favorite book is To Kill a Mockingbird. I read it every summer. I even named my dog after the main character- Atticus!

Bonus-
8. I take my dog to dog class every Monday, and that is tonight! It starts in 25 minutes so I have to get going!

I was inspired to do this "tagged" thing from a fun crafty blog I read. http://nicholmagouirk.typepad.com/things_that_really_matter/
check it out!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Dawn! Thanks so much for playing along on the "tag". I enjoyed reading your 7 things! Have a great evening!